Homeowner Scholarship Program
Scholarship Program for Habitat Homeowners
We established a scholarship program to assist Habitat for Humanity homeowners, or their children, who plan to continue their education in college or vocational school programs and are in good standing with Greater Indy Habitat for Humanity.
The program is administered by Scholarship America, the nation’s largest designer and manager of scholarships and other education support programs for corporations, foundations, associations, and individuals. Eligibility for individual programs is determined at the sole discretion of the sponsor and eligible applications are reviewed by Scholarship America’s evaluation team. Awards for this scholarship are granted to eligible recipients without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sexual orientation, age, gender, disability, or national origin.
Read about our 2023 scholarship recipients here.
Applications close March 15th.
Applicants to the Greater Indy Habitat for Humanity Scholarship Program must:
- Be Greater Indy Habitat for Humanity homeowners, or their children, who are in good standing with Greater Indy Habitat for Humanity.
- Be high school seniors or graduates, or current postsecondary undergraduates, who plan to enroll in part-time or full-time undergraduate study at an accredited two-year or four-year college, university, or vocational-technical school for the entire upcoming academic year.
If selected as a recipient, the student will receive a $2,000 award. Up to four (4) awards will be granted. Awards are not renewable, but students may reapply to the program each year they meet eligibility requirements.
Awards are for undergraduate study only.
All applicants will be notified in May.
Payment of Scholarships
Scholarship America processes scholarship payments on behalf of Greater Indy Habitat for Humanity. Payment is made in August.
Selection of Recipients
Scholarship recipients are selected on the basis of:
- Academic record
- Demonstrated leadership and participation in school and community activities
- Work experience
- A statement of educational and career goals and objectives
- Unusual personal or family circumstances
- An online recommendation
Financial need is not considered. Selection of recipients is made by Scholarship America. In no instance does any officer or employee of Greater Indy Habitat for Humanity play a part in the selection. Not all applicants to the program will be selected as recipients. Students may reapply to the program each year they meet eligibility requirements. All applicants agree to accept the decision as final.
As part of your application, you must upload the following:
- A current, complete transcript of grades. Grade reports are not accepted. Transcripts must display student name, school name, grades and credit hours for each course and term in which each course was taken.
NOTE: If you are providing SAT or ACT test scores, and those scores are not listed on your high school transcript, you will need to upload a copy of your test score report(s) separately. If you are uploading a college transcript, those scores are not required.
One online recommendation form must be submitted on your behalf no later than March 20, 2024, 4:00 pm Eastern Standard Time.
Your application is not complete unless all required materials are submitted electronically.