Serve Together in Ministry
Greater Indy Habitat for Humanity is an ecumenical Christian ministry that provides low-income individuals and families the life-changing opportunity to purchase, own and maintain quality, affordable homes. Seeking to put God’s love into action, our mission is to bring people together to build homes, communities and hope.
The “Theology of the Hammer” has long been a way to heal divided communities. Our work as the common ground for an interfaith effort benefits the entire community.
What Your Church Can Do
Churches support our ministry in a number of ways, from volunteering to praying for our mission.
Congregations of all sizes can partner with Habitat in a variety of ways. That partnership works best when we can help your church carry out its goals for ministry.
What is God calling your church to do? Please consider these possibilities:
- Without the continuing prayers of millions of people, Habitat’s work could not continue.
- Encourage your congregation to include Greater Indy Habitat in its mission work.
- Make regular donations to Habitat or collect special offerings.
- Provide in-kind goods and services. For example, a plumber in your congregation might volunteer to do the plumbing work on a Habitat house.
- Raise funds to build all or part of a house. A congregation may sponsor a house individually or join with another congregation to raise the money and build a house together.
- Set aside one-tenth of regular donations for Habitat projects.
- Build strength and unity within your congregation as you work toward the common goal of helping others.
- Organize volunteers for a house that your congregation funds or helps fund.
- Serve as a homeowner mentor. Individuals are always needed to help support future homeowners.
How to Get Started
A team member can assist in organizing church-sponsored builds or create events to match the ministry goals of your church. For more information, please contact Ted Mosey, director of development, at 317.777.6091.