- This event has passed.
Mentor Info Session
October 19 @ 6:00 pm - 7:00 pmFree
Want to make a difference in a family’s life by walking alongside them as they become a homeowner for the first time? Become a homeowner mentor! If you are interested in learning more about the mentor program, please attend our info session on Thursday, October 19, from 6 to 7 p.m. at our main office (3135 N. Meridian St.).
In the meantime, read below for a few details regarding the program.
The mentor program exists to pair up a volunteer — who holds the mentality of “we’ll figure this out together” — with a Habitat homebuyer beginning our homeownership program. We don’t expect mentors to have it all together; however, we do hope that those who serve as a mentor are able to use their own experiences and strengths to serve as a humble guide, friend, and trusted partner to the future homeowner.
A mentor will work to:
- Identify community resources of use to the future homeowner
- Follow up concerning Habitat class materials
- Provide homeownership tips
- Answer any questions about the program
- Meet with the family at least once a month to listen and encourage
- The mentor will walk alongside the Habitat homeowner for 1-2 years. You become their main advocate outside of the Habitat for Humanity staff.
Have questions? Please contact Meredith Canfield via email firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone 317.777.6071.