Volunteers are the lifeblood of Habitat’s work here in Greater Indy and across the country. Our volunteers may spend a day with us once a year or come back every week. Regardless of the amount of time spent on a build site or in the ReStore, our volunteers bring the Habitat mission to life.
Though we haven’t hit the halfway mark of the year yet, our volunteers are hitting some impressive numbers! Thus far in 2017 we’ve seen:
- 2260 volunteer shifts completed in rain, snow or sunshine
- 104 volunteer shifts completed by future Habitat homeowners
- 14,312 hours of work completed by volunteers (4,094 hours by Tigers!)
- 139 days where volunteers built/rehabbed homes or worked in the ReStore
- 1,832 new accounts created since January, meaning 1,832 new individuals have or will join Habitat’s work in Greater Indy
- 3 new homeowners now living in their first home and 7 homes under construction with volunteer support