Part-time Homeownership Assistant
Greater Indy Habitat is hiring a part-time Homeownership Assistant to support our Homeownership Team with the various aspects of recruiting, qualifying, and communication with future homeowners. We are currently estimating this position at 20 hours per week.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Input all new loan files to Mortgage Servicing System
- Manage escrow processing
- Manage annual terror watch list review
- Correspondence with Homeowners (phone, mail and email)
- Mortgage system entries of all correspondence and notes and file appropriately
- Send out all invoices (monthly statements) to include annual tax exemption filing notices
- Posting of payments received to include closing costs
- Segregate all escrows and process annual escrow analysis
- Monitor and track each partner family’s sweat equity hours to ensure all requirements are met.
- Track internal statistics
- Assist homeowners with color selections and any other decisions needed to be made that pertain to their particular property site.
- Liaison between homeowner, Construction, Development to coordinate various requests
- Update credit reports and all necessary documents from families as needed to meet deadlines.
- Order title work and oversee any issues that may arise with the title company
- Prepare closing documents and any CDC documents or other funding documents required.
- Coordinate closings with title company and proper parties. Ensure all closing packages are in compliance with Federal, State and HFHGI Guidelines.
- Assist Homeownership team with homeowner recruiting events as needed.
- Assist Homeownership team with education classes. To include prep, teach and locate speakers.
- Visit home sites during construction as needed
- Assist Homeownership Director with donation/purchase of incoming properties by ordering title and flood.
- Communicate any issues with potential homeowners with Homeownership Director
- Other duties as assigned
Three to five years of industry related experience. College degree required.
Please send resume and cover letter, including salary requirements, Attn: Jennifer Brammer, Homeownership Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.