- This event has passed.
Mentor Info Session
June 20, 2017 @ 6:00 pm - 7:00 pmFree
Want to help a family become a successful homeowner? Volunteer to mentor one of our future homeowners as they work their way through our program! Learn more about our homeowner mentor program at an info session on Tuesday, June. 20 at 6 p.m. at our main office. Register here!
A homeowner mentor is a Habitat volunteer who on behalf of the affiliate takes on primary functions of support and communication with the future homeowner during the education and building/rehabbing process.
- Identify community resources of use to the future homeowner
- Follow up concerning Habitat class materials
- Provide homeownership tips
- Answer any questions about the program
- Meet with the family at least once a month to listen and encourage
- The mentor will walk alongside the partner family for 1-2 years. You become their main advocate outside of the Habitat for Humanity staff.
Review the mentor guidelines for more information.